Thursday, July 24, 2008

Logan Skied!!!!!!!!!!!

Logan may be the youngest of the Johnston family to ever ski. I was pretty surprised when he showed an interest but he asked several times. So this week we picked up a pair of learning skis and we went to the lake tonight. We had the cove to our self and the water was like glass. The skis are strapped together with a bar and the rope clips to the same bar. The rope as a handle on each end so that when he fell he wasn't drug around Steve could just let go of the rope. After the first try he was freakin' out and pretty afraid but gave it another and got right up. He gave it 10+ attempts and got to where he would ski for a short way and then lose his balance. He is really proud of himself and if it were up to him he would have stayed after it until the sun went down. I was in the water helping him get started so I had to swim the distance he skied. I got a pretty good workout! Steve had a tough job as well. He had to watch 2 kids in the boat, drive, be the spotter, hold the other end of the ski rope and properly document this feat. He was able to get a pretty decent video.




Lucas tried one time and gave up within milliseconds of Steve putting the boat in gear. I really think he could have done it had he not been so afraid. I was proud that he tried. Here's proof that he swims like a fish now.

No comments: