Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekend Wrap-up

Although it's Monday and I'm just now posting stuff from the weekend I'd like to think it's because it was such an amazing, fun filled weekend that I just didn't have the time but, the truth is I wanted to watch Ice Road Truckers on the History Channel. This doesn't really count as watching the History Channel as it's Ice Road Truckers and should be considered part of my passion for mindless TV.

Although, it is true that we did have a great weekend. We spent nearly 7 hours on the lake on Saturday and just over 3 hours on Sunday. The big news is that Lucas, the boy who really fears very little, has conquered his fear of swimming in the lake. By Sunday he was swimming wherever he wanted and was even jumping off the back of the boat. He even swam away from the boat to the rock with the Dad's and big kids. He's not in the picture as he was exploring around the rock at the time. We are very proud of him and he is very proud of himself. He said, "Now I don't have to take naps anymore since I use so much energy swimming so I won't be super silly." While we applaud his effort the nap stays.


I too investigated the rock and will not go back. When they tell you it's slippery under the water, it is. I have a bruise on my backside to prove it.

Kale(actually all the boys) learned the important lesson on why Mom never let's them take their life jacket's off when he fell in trying to jump off the back of the boat into the tube. He was perfectly fine but it scared him just enough for a few alligator tears. Sunday evening we practically had the lake to ourselves and took the time to get this out of practice, out of shape girl up on the slalom ski. All the boys were amazed at my ability to ski for a grand total of 5 minutes. I am slowly recovering the use of my arms!

Logan had a milestone this weekend (other than losing his front tooth). He had his first sleepover at a friends house. After the lake on Saturday he spent the night at Cole James' house. Cole & Logan both went to the same babysitter until they were 3 and have reacquainted through soccer, baseball & the lake. He had tons of fun but came home with the sleepover hangover. Lot's of whining and complaining due to lack of sleep. I sounded just like my mother when I said, "Perhaps we shouldn't go on sleepovers if that is how we are going to act when we get home." FYI, that did not help with the whining.

No comments: