Saturday, April 4, 2009

You can thank Logan for the nice weather today!

That's because he helped with the Weather for the Friday 5:00 news on KNWA. While normally you hear me whining about boy scouts, it does offer the kids some amazing opportunities... Friday after school Logan, Kale and I headed to the KNWA studio in Fayetteville to learn about weather an participate a live new program - Lucas & Steve went to T-Ball practice. We barely squeaked in before it started (man I hate being late!). We toured the offices and headed to the studio. You would think it was a large, isolated area but totally not the case. Those people know how to use space. Dan Skoff and Nellie Jones were fabulous hosts for the scouts. Dan geared everything he was doing towards the boys. The boys helped prepare some of the weather slides for the news, looked at lots of the tools used for weather and asked tons of questions. Then it was time for the news. We were literally within spittin' distance from Nellie and Dan (that is when I was most thankful for T-Ball practice :)). Kale continued his crush on the ladies and flirted with Nellie. The boys were super quiet and so well behaved. They helped open the weather segement and introduced themselves as "Pack 5, Den 3, Tiger Cubs from St. Vincent de Paul" all in unison! Plus Dan mentioned then several times while he was on the weather. We then watched the news play out. Got to tell you that was the most news I've watched in years! Then they were invited up behind the news desk to close down the news. Kale and I went as well. After the news was over they posed behind the news desk and then got to play "Weather Anchor" in front of the green screen. The pix are of the TV screen so you could see what they were pointing to. Then Dan taught them about Severe Weather Safety. It was totally awesome and hopefully something Logan will remember forever! Next time you're over I be sure to show you it, 'cuz you know I DVR'd it!


2 comments:

Momya said...

totally awesome! i think i see a future!

Nana said...

Wow --- very cool Logan - I can't wait to see it!!