Our Valentines day this year was a blast. We didn't celebrate in the traditional sense...cards, flowers, dinner, etc. Instead we had a family celebration...more like several families. We had Meredith & Connor plus The Boyles:Bob, Ann, Sydney & Nolan. We grilled out burgers and had cocktails. When this group gets together we always make something. This time it was cookies on a stick which turned out to be cookies with a stick baked in one of the pieces with the other pieces held together with frosting and sprinkles. In no way was anyone able to hold a stick to eat the cookie. Did anyone care...absolutely not. They all had fun making them, decorating them and eating them which was pretty much the objective. The highlight of the night was playing Rockband. Guitar was tough but between Sydney and Steve (absolutely not Bob or Meredith) the "band" was able to make it through several sets. Ann & Meredith (with several little assistants) rocked the drums while I cleaned house on the vocals with several duets...not about quality just timing. Pretty sure after a few more practices you'll be able to watch the "band" at Georges. Once during the evening I did shout into the mic, "I'd like to thank my mom" just for you Frost!
I'd like to think that this was something we could do with this group again and again but the Boyles are moving...BOO! I guess that's life in NWA. Hope everyone had a HaPpY VaLeNtInEs DaY!
Major Award
13 years ago



2 comments:
what a great way to celebrate v day. only thing steve needs in that picture is an unlit cig dangling from the corner of his mouth.
Nana said..Wow --- looks like fun!!!
Post a Comment