- Milk in a sippy cup
- My-My
- Scooby Doo on the TV
Any combination of these 3 things is the ticket for Lightning Fire. Sometimes he just needs the first two, other times he need all three. Having the entire package can do wonders for him. Proof: Last night at about 4:00 am he comes to the top of the stares hollering for us to come up and see something. He is panicky and freaked out...there are bugs in his bed. Steve goes up and the search every inch of the bed and no bugs to be found. Lucas lays back down. Not 2 minutes later he is hollering again, the bugs are back. So I go up and we find no bugs. I move him downstairs to sleep on the couch and he falls off of it freaking out that there are bugs on his hands. So we load up a milk and grab his my-my and move him into our bed. We talk in detail about the bugs (fyi, my-my doesn't eat these kind of bugs, he just eats big ones. Who knew?). WE remove his shirt and search for bugs. Every freckle, scab, scrape was thoroughly inspected to rule out the possibility of it being a bug. Finally I convince him that there are no bugs and we can turn out the lights and go to sleep. Seconds later he claims the bugs are back and eating holes in his skin. It's clear that he is spooked and we are not going back to sleep, so I offer to turn on a Scooby from the DVR. I fire up Scooby and within minutes he is sawing logs and the bugs disappear to never bother us again. Pulling together the trifecta works yet again! He did tell me this morning that the bugs were real and not just a dream. Let's hope they don't show again tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment