Saturday, August 16, 2008

Funny Stories

A couple of Funny Stories:

Logan was reading a book which has been quite the frustrating process for the both of us and this is what he says:
L: How many more pages?
M: Don't worry about it. Read.
L: This is dumb.
M: No it's not. Read.
L: Just get me a Peter.
M: What?
L: You know, a peter.
M: I have know idea what your are talking about.
L: (frustrated) Yes you do, you told me about it. The person that helps you learn.
M: Oh, a tutor?
L: Yeah a tutor. Just get me one.
M: (quiet laughter) Read.


On Thursday night Steve and I both had meetings that overlapped and we couldn't take the kids so our fabulous neighbors, Leahman and Marie, agreed to watch them for about 30 minutes. They have helped us out a lot recently so the boys made them thank you pictures and took them flowers. When we delivered them Marie told me this story:

Lucas: Miss Marie, I need a drink.
Marie: What would you like? Juice, water,...
Lucas: Um, I'll just have a beer.
Marie: I don't think so, how about a lemonade?
Lucas: That'll work.

This just days after they drug a cooler of beer to the end of the driveway in the rain waiting to hand them out to the neighbors that passed by. They just wanted to have a party. These boys....

No comments: