Sunday, September 21, 2008

1st Official Tiger Cub Scout event


So it's official, we are now active scouts. Today was the Rocket Launch and Pack photo. So don't you know I had to truck it down to Springdale yesterday to buy the shirt and patches and tiger cub book. I can barely type (or sit up straight) from having to stitch four patches on his uniform. We haven't even earned any badges yet, ughhh..... So I may not be so in to scouts but Logan had an amazing time. He started off in classic Logan fashion...deer in the headlights look, standing on the outside of the group observing, waiting for a grown up to step in and get the whole thing over with. They did the scout salute when saying the Pledge of Allegiance and he had to figure it out on his own. He had the wrong hand up and his cheeks turned a little red. Plus they had all the new kids stand up and he was one of 3 and the other 2 were brothers. You could tell he wasn't comfortable. My heart went out to him and at the same time I was really proud of him for expanding his comfort zone. Then he was called up to get his Tiger cub scarf and the world was better again. A shirt with patches, a scarf...ahhhhh, the real reasons he signed up! Then the rocket launch started. The tiger cubs launched first. There was only 3 of the 6 in his den there so all three got to push the button to launch. Then they took off for retrieval. Lightning Logan was not the first to the rocket. In fact about half way there he gave up and just waited for Charlie and Matthew to bring it back. They also go to build water rockets out of empty water/pop bottles. Jill (the Mom of the year for signing up to be Den mother) helped him build and launch his first version. He added to it twice and launched it 8+ times. I tried to get him to leave a little early and he made me stay to watch the group rocket launch. We'd been there 2 hours to launch like 6 rockets..come on I still have a house to clean and dinner to cook! So we're in this scouts thing because it's something he would like and it's good for him to try new things. We're in it for the right reasons because he really did have a fun time. I guess I had an okay time as well.


Beware he has to sell $400 worth of popcorn so look for an e-mail or knock on the door soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nana said.... Awesome Logan!!! Nana and Papa are proud of you!!............ We're proud of you too Mama!!

Momya said...

Can I have his shirt when he's done with it?