Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Little Brother Advice

So Sunday night we went to a dinner/pool party at my boss Eric's house. Eric is neighbors with our friends the James' so Logan's buddy Cole was there and Lucas' hero Austin was there as well. There was another 6 year old there and a couple of other older boys. The three 6 year old boys: Logan, Cole and Bradley and these older boys were playing pool basketball. For a reason I'm not sure I fully understand, Bradley called Logan a cheater. So on the way home Logan is telling us the story of how Bradley wasn't nice to him and we are all listening and asking questions when Lucas inserts himself into the conversation.

Lucas: Everyone be quiet. I need to talk to Logan. Logan when that kid says that...
Mom: Says what?
Lucas: Your a cheater. You just look at him and say, "Oh yeah, well you're a loser!"
Mom: We don't call people names and Loser is not a nice thing to say.
Lucas: Well he was mean to Logan.
Logan: Yeah Mom.
Mom: No reason to call names.

While I appreciate Lucas taking up for Logan, where does a 4 year old come up with this?

No comments: