Friday, September 26, 2008

A day off of school

SVdP had the day off of school but Steve didn't so I took the day off. We had a pretty fun day and they didn't push me over the edge...got close the edge but didn't go over. Kale wore the big boy undies for a while today and had no accident until we put a pull-up on. He's pushing my buttons with this potty training thing! Being that we had to time schedule the boys got a cooked breakfast over the normal microwave version. We got to play in the bath tub versus me rushing them through it. We built a fort in the playroom, rode the scooters, met Steve for lunch, washed our car, memorized the cub scout pledge, and went to the Heritage High War Eagles Homecoming parade. We go to the high school homecoming parade every year and the boys love it. This year we have 2 high schools which means 2 parades. You would think we went trick or treating with all the candy they got. They saw several kids they know and both of their babysitters were in the parade. Emily was actually up for homecoming queen but I don't think she got it. I know how she feels as I was the runner up and lost to Susanna. Unbelievable I know! We had a fun day together and now it's about to end for the 3 little Berens boys. Time for them to sleep and build up energy for their soccer games tomorrow.

Picture of the fort before tornado Kale tore through
Digging in the sand at the park near the parade route
Waiting for the parade to come through
Kale's favorite thing is to climb on my back and wrap his arms and legs around me anytime I sit down
Take a picture quick before Lucas' nose starts running again.

No comments: