Friday, September 12, 2008

Benton County Fair

The SVdP Pre-K took their first family field trip today to the Benton County Fair. Nothin' makes a good field trip like a bunch of sweaty 4 year olds mixed in with some carnies! The school bus has joined the scrap heap in heaven so until the school board can scrap together the funds to get a new one we're going with parent drivers. So Steve and I had Dwayne join us (aka Little Bill's cousin). Lucas loved having Dwayne as part of our family. As you can imagine Lucas' highlights of the field trip were seeing a couple of cows being milked since that's what the boys survives on. Not to be topped by seeing the cows poop and pee. Cows are disgusting but they don't smell nearly as bad as goats, sheep, or pigs. Lucas and Dwayne we very vocal about how bad it smelled. Lucas had to cough/gag very loud to get the smell out. He was giving a fair ribbon after petting a goat named Lucy. Pretty sure he is sleeping with his ribbon on. They had 5 or 6 rides available for the kids to ride for free. We rode 4. Anything that gets taken down and put together 52 times a year and trucked across the country isn't anything I really consider safe or clean. I am so not a fair kind of gal. Needless to say he was limited to the just the rides that go in a circle. His favorite was the Tilt-a-Whirl. I have forgotten how fast those things spin! I think all the kids had a good time and Lucas was glad to have his parents with him.


2 comments:

Momya said...

If only one of your captions was "I'm a bucking cowboy!"

Anonymous said...

Nana said..........

Oh Luke -- it looks like you had a great time!!