Sunday, November 30, 2008

Turkey Lurkey

Okay, so I did a horrible job taking pictures this Thanksgiving. It's all Kodaks fault FYI. They are finally going to replace my camera but I had to mail it back to them ASAP in order to get the new one before Christmas. So I was stuck with my old camera that I also hate as it burns through AA batteries like Steve does a bag of chips. It's really that fast. So the few pictures I did take is because we were outside and the camera was easy access since I left it in the car.

The boring scenic trek across Kansas was as beautiful as ever. The boys played a new driving game...counting oil wells. There are a lot and they are easy to spot. We were in Wichita and then to Great Bend and then back to Wichita. We are kind of like Kansas nomads during the holidays. We had a great time seeing all of our family and missed those that weren't there. The boys had a great time playing with Myles, Ella, Rylin and Reese over at Nana's. A loved playing with Austin at Grandma's. Here's our Holiday round-up:
  • Logan also picked up playing the game Sorry! which we now own.
  • They were Ultimate Fighters with Uncle Jamey
  • Colored some amazing pictures (FYI Reese thinks markers are chap stick)
  • Ate 2 turkey dinners
  • Lucas tried pumpkin pie and survived...ewww
  • Logan at so much ochra, he is going to turn into one
  • Played a family game of street football
  • Climbed their first tree
  • Played in the hide out under the stairs, passed the scary sump pump in GB
  • Watched Kung Fu Panda for the first, second, third...times.
  • Ate at Taco Pronto ...only once though. We have to better at Christmas
  • Squeezed in a little Christmas shopping

Four more weeks and we do it all again but next time we should get to see all the family!




No comments: